the time has finally come. After a tough struggle and a very ambitious implementation phase, it is now possible to upgrade the RMV SemesterTicket to the Deutschlandticket.
The SemesterTicket Upgrade is here!
The following link will take you directly to the authentication and ordering process:
Here are the most important information/conditions:
- Only enrolled students in possession of a valid RMV semester ticket are entitled to purchase/possess the upgrade.
- The offer is voluntary and has to be paid by the user themself
- The upgrade costs per month: 26,46 € EUR
- Initially, only SEPA will be available as a payment method – RMV will try to add further payment options (PayPal and credit card) during June.
- As an upgrade a Germany ticket will be issued. The Deutschlandticket is subject to the general tariff regulations and is valid throughout Germany in 2nd class on local and regional trains.
- The upgrade can be purchased at any time for the current month.
- The upgrade is only available as a HandyTicket (PhoneTicket)
- The upgrade is offered as a subscription with the option of monthly cancellation.
- Cancellation is possible until the last day of each month
- No billing of a current month possible in case of early cancellation
- If not cancelled, the upgrade ends at the end of the respective semester at the latest.
- The upgrade must be purchased again at the beginning of each semester.
- For control purposes, the current RMV semester ticket and a photo ID must also be carried along.
- If you have any questions about the upgrade, please write to email@example.com
** Update **
We are pleased to announce that the payment options PayPal and credit card have now also been implemented and are now available for the purchase of the semester ticket upgrade in addition to the SEPA function.
This should now also be a solution with regard to the isolated problems that have arisen with SEPA.
In cases of problems with the registration of the SEPA payment method, please contact the support of the payment service provider directly:
If you already bought the Germany ticket privately in May or June, we unfortunately have to inform you that a refund is not possible here. Please note the notice periods for the Germany ticket
We would like to thank all those involved at RMV and the university administration that the upgrade can now be offered from June onwards. However, the upgrade is only the beginning. Together with other ASten, we are working for a permanent, uniform, nationwide valid semester ticket. You can support us by writing to your member of parliament, asking parties about it (there is currently an election campaign in Hesse) or bringing the topic up in election debates.
Have fun with the nationwide use of public transportation!
Greetings from the AStA (Department for Transport and Infrastructure)