Dear students with children and those who want to become students,
We, the Autonomous Family Office, are committed to the interests of student parents and are here to help you with questions and problems concerning studying with a child.
How can we help you?
For students with children
- We advise you on questions concerning the organization of your studies with a child.
- We listen to your problems while studying with a child and continuously work to improve the compatibility of studying and parenthood.
- If you have specific questions about financing, housing, or special offers for students with children, such as babysitting allowance or U3 daycare, we will put you in touch with the relevant offices without you having to click through the digital jungle.
- We help you with the creation of disadvantage compensations and stand up for your rights.
- We would like to facilitate a regular exchange between students with children at JLU.
For first-year students with children
- We will help you get started with your studies
- If you missed the introductory week or if you still have questions, we will go over them with you in peace and quiet (by arrangement, we can also help you arrange your schedule; in this case, we need to know your course of study in advance).
- We help you to network with other students with children
For prospective students with a child or students planning a family
- We answer your concrete questions about how studying with a child could look like.
- We are happy to share our personal experiences with you and prepare you for studying with a child.udium mit Kind vor
|Office hours: by appointment|
|Helpful links (only in German, sorry for that):|
Studienberatung für Studierende mit Kind (ZSB)
Familienservicestelle des Studentenwerks
U3-Kitas für Studierende mit Kind
Allgemeine Informationen der JLU zu Angeboten, Maßnahmen und speziellen Regelungen
Who are we?
So that you know who your contact persons are, we would like to introduce ourselves briefly below.
My name is Lena Turski. I am in my final year of teacher training (L3) with the subjects German and English, and since WS 19/20 I have been studying psychology in parallel in the B.Sc. program. As a mother I would like to help other students with children with questions and problems.
My name is Christian Müller. I study Inclusive Pedagogy and Elementary Education with a focus on pedagogy and rehabilitation in the case of mental disabilities and extracurricular learning support. I am available as a contact person for all parents and guardians to answer your questions or support you in case of problems.
My name is Sophie Nagel. I study physical education and ethics at L2. I have two children, teach Kundalini yoga and meditation at AHS, am a semester speaker for L5 physical education students at Kugelberg, and an active DLRG member. As a speaker for the Autonomous Family Unit, I would like to be in exchange with the responsible persons about how our university can be actively family-friendly and would be happy to answer your questions.